Brendan’s Pumpkin Curry
September is winegrape harvest time at Condor’s Hope. We gather community together and feed folks in exchange for their bringing in the grapes. Our harvest chef is Brendan MacCorrgary who loves to create dishes based on fruits and veggies that are locally available. Our go-to farmers are Jean Gaillard and Meg Brown who grow a diversity of crops as well as raise chickens for the local area at their farm, Cuyama Homegrown. This season Meg and Jean have a bounty of beautiful and tasty sugar pumpkins. Brendan put his magic touch to the pumpkin and created a roasted pumpkin curry dish that everyone relished. We recommend pairing the spicy pumpkin curry with Condor’s Hope 2020 Shiraz. The bright wine complements the curry flavors.
whole sugar pumpkins
curry blend of your choice
This recipe is a ‘spice to taste’ recipe. This means add the curry blend and brown sugar as much or a little as desired.
• Start by cutting the pumpkin into 1inch sections, this will make the pumpkin easier to peel.
• Peel and cut strips of pumpkin into 1 inch cubes.
• Combine the curry blend, olive oil and pumpkin cubes in a large bowl and mix until all the pumpkin is covered in oil and spices.
• Place in the oven, covered, at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
• Sprinkle brown sugar on top and bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.