YOGA IN THE VINEYARD
Description, Schedule & Accommodations
Friday, May 19 – Sunday, May 21
Condor’s Hope Ranch
LOCATION: Condor’s Hope Ranch is located in the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains, near Hwy 166 in the Cuyama Valley in Northern Santa Barbara County. Our 5 acre vineyard is in a natural setting adjacent to the Los Padres National Forest. We are off the grid and completely solar powered.
We’re conveniently located in the middle of nowhere for that true get-away feeling!
We hope you will join us for a wonderful weekend of yoga with instructor Susan Merritt, wine tasting and great food in our vineyard in the foothills of the Sierra Madre mountains.
Robbie Jaffe & Steve Gliessman , Yogi Farmers
- Driving Times: (approximate)
- 1.5 hours from San Luis Obispo
- 2hours from the city of Santa Barbara
- 3 hours from LA
- 4.5 hours from Santa Cruz
- 5 hours from San Francisco-Berkeley
YOGA with SUSAN MERRITT: The classes will be accessible & enjoyable whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned yogi. With the wisdom of over 30 years experience, intuition, and an eye for proper alignment, Susan excels at individualized instruction and gentle, hands-on guidance. Her innovative use of various props and balls of all sizes helps to open up chronically stiff areas, comfortably easing the body into the proper depth of the yoga poses…the depth that is right for you and your body’s abilities. Find out more about Susan.
FOOD: The weekend’s delicious & nutritious meals will be expertly crafted by our neighbors, Sleepy Creek Caterers. They will do their best to accommodate any special dietary needs.
Friday: Plan to arrive in time for lunch
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
1:30 – 2:30 Settling in
2:30 – 3:00 Vineyard Tour ~ Our 5-acre vineyard is grown in the traditional head-trained, dry-farmed style that originally developed centuries ago in Europe. Olive trees are planted among the grapevines. You’ll learn about our vineyard from Steve, who is applying his knowledge of traditional farming systems and agroecology to Condor’s Hope.
4:00 – 5:30 Yoga Session I~ Yoga will take place under the oak tree in the vineyard.
6:00 Wine tasting and appetizers ~ You’ll be treated to and learn about Condor’s Hope wines. Dry farm practices produce a very unique wine, and our varietals range from a Pedro Ximénez white wine – the only PX grapes grown in California! – to a dry rosé blend, to full bodied Zinfandel and Shiraz red wines. We also have Zinfandel wines from 100-year-old grapevines tended by our mentor, Benito Dusi in Paso Robles. For non-wine drinkers we will have non-alcoholic versions.
7:15 Dinner ~ The clear, dry nights of the Cuyama Valley give us an extraordinary view of the night sky, which surround us like a dome. As the sun sets we’ll be feasted by Sleepy Creek Caterers’ famous Santa Maria barbecue (vegetarian options available).
7:00 Light breakfast
7:45 – 9:45 Yoga Session II
10:00 – 11:30 Brunch
12:00-1:45 Activities ~ You can choose to participate in an organized activity, or feel free to take time for yourself. Organized activities include:
~ Hiking and getting to know the Sierra Madre foothills with Steve Gliessman
~ One hour specialized yoga class with Susan Merritt: a chance to push your practice a little deeper with a 3rd class in one day and get more personal attention with specific poses
~ Or take time for yourself: go for a swim or bring your favorite book, art materials, etc and have time to just relax.
2:00 Snacks/ Light lunch
4:00 – 5:30 Yoga Session III
6:00 Wine Tasting Part II and appetizers ~ we will continue tasting and comparing Condor’s Hope wines
7:15 Dinner in the Vineyard
7:00 Light breakfast
8:45 – 9:45 Yoga Session IV
Time to return home and carry the relaxation and memories of the get-away weekend with you.
You can choose from various accommodations available for the weekend, all located on-site at Condor’s Hope Ranch. Please review your options below and then mark your preferences on the registration form.
In addition lodging may be available at Sleepy Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast, a neighboring ranch to Condor’s Hope. To find out about lodging at Sleepy Creek, please contact them directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-680-7220.
Accommodations at Condor’s Hope:
- Camping ~ There is plenty of space to tent camp in the vineyard. You can bring your own camping set-up and will have full use of the bathhouse.
- Tent Cabin ~ Enjoy ‘glamping’ (glamorous camping) in our tent cabin. The tent cabin is fully enclosed and has flooring, a queen bed (air mattress), screen door, windows, and a small deck. Bed linens and towels provided. You will have use of the bathhouse or house bathroom.(accommodates a couple or 1 person)
- Sleeping rooms ~ There are two sleeping rooms with multiple individual beds. Bed linens and towels provided. You have use of the bathhouse or house bathroom. (Space for 6 people total.)
- Individual rooms:
- ~ There are two individual rooms, each with a double bed. Occupancy is 1-2 people per room. Bed linens and towels provided. You will have use of the bathhouse.
- ~ There is one bedroom with a king bed. Occupancy is 1-2 people. Bed linens and towels provided. You will have use of the house bathroom.
Here’s a chart of your lodging choices with any additional fees that may apply:
|Camping in the Vineyard||No limit||None|
|Bed in Sleeping Rooms||6 people||$30 per night per person|
|Tent Cabin||1-2 people; has 1 queen bed||$60 per night per tent cabin|
|2 Individual Rooms||1-2 people per room w/ double bed||$75 per night per room|
|1 Individual room||1-2 people per room w/ king bed||$90 per night per room|
Space is limited. Weekend price includes 4 yoga sessions; all meals and wine; and activities:
$305 per person or $275 for Condor’s Hope Wine Club Members*
* Wine club membership is good for 2 people per membership. Must join wine club prior to registering.
We look forward to your joining us!